Attractions To See -Au Gres Michigan
Au Gres Michigan is the home of many splendid things — we know it, because we live here. Beautiful scenery, majestic lakes, fabulous food, quirky locales and hidden gems just barely scratch the surface of what Au Gres Michigan has to offer.
We asked staff members of the Au Gres Press to share some of the best things to see and do in Michigan, based on our personal experiences. Here are 50 ideas you may want to add to your bucket list if you visit Au Gres, MI.
Think we missed something? Add your bucket list item here and be sure to explain why it’s great.
Great Places to Visit in Michigan
Michigan Tea House - One of the Finest Michigan Tea Houses
Michigan Family Vacation
Real Estate Niles MI - You Can Buy A Home Even With Bad Credit And No Bank Qualifying
If you are looking for lease purchase houses Metro Detroit, you are not alone. Many Metro Detroit homes for sale by owners and agents advertise a lease option or "rent to own", but not all of these plans are the same. They are becoming increasingly popular, but you may find that you do not qualify for some.
The power of the lease purchase is that you can get into a home even if you have past credit issues. As long as you have a job, a small down payment or option consideration, and can afford the monthly payments, a lease purchase may allow you to realize the American dream of home ownership.
For those who are interested in lease purchase houses Metro Detroit is a good place to look. At the moment there are literally thousands of Metro Detroit homes for sale. This is good news for buyers, but could be bad news for sellers, particularly those who need to sell quickly to avoid foreclosure.
Lease purchase is a good idea for people with past credit issues, small down payments or for anyone that wants to stop wasting their money on rent and make a real investment in their future. It is also a good idea for people who need to sell quickly.
If you currently own one of the Metro Detroit homes for sale and are tired of waiting for a buyer, you should know that there are unique options to consider. One plan is to help the tenant-buyers improve their credit, making it possible for them to qualify for a conventional mortgage during the lease purchase term.
This is a powerful strategy some real estate investors for lease purchase houses Metro Detroit are using in this current market.
4 Seriously Strange Michigan Attractions
Michigan's Smoking Ban - Ways to Get Through It
Adventures in Michigan
4 Seriously Strange Michigan Attractions
The Detroit Metro Area has a lot of really neat things for people to do and see.
I grew up in the Chicago Area. I lived in the Cleveland-Akron Area, the Winston-Salem-Greensboro Area, Kalamazoo, and Grand Rapids, Michigan. So I have not lived everywhere, but I have seen enough places to speak intelligently, and I know that Detroit has things to offer. Detroit has some things to offer, despite what you hear in the news and from people with negative attitudes.
These are the things I would miss the most if I no longer lived here:
1. Professional Sports Teams: You have the Red Wings (Hockey), the Tigers (Major League Baseball), the Lions who are now winners in football once again, the Pistons (Men's Basketball), and the Shock (Women's Basketball). There are also several Minor League Baseball teams within a short drive, too.
2. Proximity to Universities (within 2 hours): University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan State University in Lansing, Eastern Michigan University in Ypsilanti, Wayne State University in Detroit, University of Detroit Mercy in Detroit, Adrian College in Adrian, Albion College in Albion, Alma College in Alma, Olivet College in Olivet, and the University of Toledo in Toledo, Ohio. Plus, there are several other smaller colleges throughout the city and the surrounding area.
3. Coney Island Restaurants: These are your basic greasy spoon Greek restaurants, but you can always find Chicken Lemon Soup and mouth watering, heart-killing Coney Dogs waiting for you to devour. For those who do not know what a Coney Dog is, it is a hot dog in a bun topped with a special Coney Chili, onions, and mustard. It sounds disgusting and is, but it sure tastes good!
4. Arabic/Middle Eastern Restaurants & Culture: Detroit Metro Area has the largest Arabic population outside of Middle East. This is a pretty amazing fact. It is nothing more than a mere fact, unless you count all of the places that serve wonderful baklava, an intensely sweet bakery desert that is almost like candy. There is good humus and bad humus. When you go to the right places, there are few things as tasty as a piece of warm, soft pita bread dipped into property flavored humus. Then you have your supremely spiced meats: gyros, kababs, schawarmas, and more. You will not find a dollar menu at these places, but you can eat a wonderful meal without spending a truckload of money.
5. Pizza Papalis: Buddy's and Shield's pizza are Detroit's cornerstones for pizza. They both have a good pan pizza. However, as a non-native Detroiter, these do not compare with Pizza Papalis. Chicago is known for their pizza. There are many places outside of the Chicago Area that will claim to have Chicago-style pizza only to disappoint. Pizza Papalis bakes a Chicago Style Pizza that favorably compares to Giordono's in Chicago. Amongst my personal favorites, their spinach and three cheese pizza with sausage and mushroom pizza is a thick, cheesy pizza that melts in your mouth and makes a tremendous mess on your plate.
15. Close Proximity to Beautiful Parts of Michigan: This includes beaches and parks. Michigan is surrounded by the Great Lakes, and so many other rivers go through it. Smaller lakes make their home inside the state. Finding beaches requires no skill here. You want to fish, swim, camp, or just walk around really scenic areas, you are never far from it here. People mention "going north," and they mean that scenic areas with a simple lifestyle is found by driving north on I-75. You can say this about many places, but it is true in Michigan more than most.
16. Near Many Orchards: Depending upon what is "in season," you can pick strawberries, apples, peaches, blueberries, and more with only a short drive from Detroit. Plus, many orchards offer hayrides and places for your kids to play. It really becomes an event.
17. Frankenmuth: This town is less than two (2) hours from most parts of the Detroit Metro Area. This is a town that is an obvious tourist trap, but it is still worth seeing. It is an old-time German town, placing a large emphasis on Christmas. In fact, on the town's outskirt, there is a store called Bronner's, which sells Christmas themed things nearly every day, except, well Christmas. The town's most celebrated restaurants are Zehnders and Bavarian Inn. You can order many things, but I recommend the Family Style Chicken Dinner. There are small shops within the downtown area, and it sits beside a scenic river.
I might have missed some other things, which is good. That means that the Detroit Area offers even more than I am promising. Enjoy Detroit!
Detroit Real Estate Investment Myths - Don't Believe the Hype
Detroit Commercial Property - Now Is The Time to Buy!
From The Ashes Of The Detroit Housing Market
Michigan Family Vacation - Apples, Wine And Lighthouses
For some of the best real estate around, homebuyers and investors alike often turn to the great state of Michigan. And now that anyone can buy property through Michigan foreclosure listings for incredible below market prices, it's easy to find the perfect home for an incredible price. Michigan is a very diverse northern state that has something to offer just about everyone. Situated along the Canadian border and the scenic coastline of the Great Lakes, it is a wonderful destination for fans of the outdoors, and every summer tourists, travelers and campers flock by the thousands to the northern forests and pristine beaches to enjoy the sun and weather. Michigan is also a city famed for its industry, and it is still home to a large portion of the American automobile industry. Cities like Lansing and Detroit are home to these corporate centers and many others, making them great locations for young professionals looking to settle down with their families. Detroit is truly one of the most historic metropolitan areas in the country, and there is truly a sense of great pride among the residents.
To find the properties with the best potential for values on foreclosure investing, it's often best to start with a foreclosure list. This resource holds all of the local homes for sale through foreclosure, so that you can search for the homes you want by getting an idea of what's available. Buying for these great discounts is so much easier than you could ever imagine, and you won't have to go through the hassle of dealing through a middle man! Discover the best way to buy great discount property anywhere in Michigan with Michigan foreclosure listings today!